The CleanSuite Software works great with windows 10, however not all printers and devices have had as much luck. Some of our users have reported that they have had some trouble with their Star thermal printers after the update. We have also had others report that they had trouble with their local network after the upgrade. In an effort to assist our entire customer base through these new Windows 10 challenges, we have compiled a few cheat cheats for you. Below are a few documents for managing your CleanSuite setup on your newly updated PC(s).
The above document describes what to do if your Star printer stops automatically cutting or stops printing in the correct font. In some cases, you may need to reinstall the drivers. A link has been placed in this document should you need to re-download the drivers.
|File Size:||233 kb|
The above document describes what to do if your local network stops working. (i.e. You get a message in CleanSuite that you have had some sort of problem with your network and it can not open the program.) This is due to the fact that Windows 10 has automatically re-enabled your file sharing password protection. To disable this feature again and restore your network, close CleanSuite on ALL your computers and then follow the instructions in the document above on each of your PCs.
If your MAIN computer freezes or crashes, restart your computer and close CleanSuite on all other computers. Then once restarted, re-index your database on the main computer by opening CleanSuite and typing RX into the command line. Once this is complete, go ahead and open CleanSuite on all your other computers again. If this happens on a computer which is not the main database computer, simply restart that one computer and reopen CleanSuite.
It may seem easier for the first couple of days, when staff are unfamiliar with the program; however, once they learn the intuitive short-cut keys, a regular keyboard is much faster.
Awesome! I see you have discovered the archive function in CleanSuite! This is a very helpful tool for anyone who has been in business for more than two years. Over time, thousands of customer records accumulate within CleanSuite. Think of it like a filing cabinet, over the years you accumulate files and eventually fill the drawers. When you go searching for a file, it can take much longer to find when there are so many files to sort through. So, archiving these files puts older files in a separate folder and makes it easier for CleanSuite to look through its files when it is asked to find a customer’s file. Watch the short video below to learn how to archive your CleanSuite customers and invoices. In order to minimize any disruption to your business day, we suggest that you only follow these steps after store hours. Archiving can take a long time to complete depending on how many invoices and customers you have in your database.
The MINIMUM requirements are:
Windows Vista : 2GHz and 2 GB RAM
Windows 7 : 2GHz and 2 GB RAM
Windows 8 : 2GHz and 2 GB RAM
Note: CleanSuite will work with older versions of Windows such as 2000 and XP, but it might be slower than on newer versions. (Keep in mind that as of April 8th 2014, Microsoft no longer supports the XP version of Windows. Watch the short video below for more information. Then visit www.endofxp.com for more.)
Point of Sale computers have a very rough life! They are often left running 24/7 and are usually serviced infrequently. Yet, each day we expect them to perform as they normally do. This combination of factors can potentially lead to slow loading times. To prevent your computer from getting “bogged” down, you can do a few very simple things.
1) Restart your computers daily and turn them all the way off about once a week. Computers are thinking machines, with moving parts. They need to rest too… And just like people, when they are expected to think 24/7, they freeze up and crash!
2) Dry Cleaning environments are very dust and lint prone places, be sure to use compressed air to physically clean all the debris from the inside of your computers about once a month. Use caution when doing this, computers are VERY sensitive to static electricity. If your not comfortable doing this on your own, seek help from your local computer shop.
3) Had your store(s) for a few years? Archiving helps CleanSuite to run at it's peak performance. Archive your invoices within CleanSuite every few years. You can even archive customer files if you have been open for many years. Click on the "How do I archive my customers / invoices" question above to watch a short video explaining the process.
4) Run Windows Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter. Not sure how? Watch the short video below to learn how. Also, don't forget to take advantage of the FREE step by step instructions within the CleanSuite help menu. It contains helpful tips which teach you how to keep your computer from slowing down over time. Simply print them out and follow each step to get back on track.
The software is ready for you to plug in a cash drawer, bar code scanner or a tag printer, but that doesn't mean you must use these features. You can purchase this hardware from your supplier when and if you decide you want to use the feature.
If you are having trouble opening CleanSuite on any of your computers:
1) Check to be sure that your MAIN computer is powered on and connected to the network. If your MAIN computer is not connected or turned on, your other stations can not access CleanSuite. Also, be sure that the computer you are trying to access CleanSuite from is also connected to the network. (If your store has internet access, you can check the network connection by opening an internet page and checking to see if the webpage loads properly. If it does, you ARE connected to the network)
2) If you still have trouble getting CleanSuite to open properly, be sure to make sure that CleanSuite is pointed to the correct database folder located on your MAIN computer.
3) If you are still having trouble getting CleanSuite to start, please restart all the computers at your location and then call CleanSuite Support at 1 (888) 727-4564.
YES! You can network as many computers as you like, within your store - for no extra fee.
No, the price of the software is for the store license... regardless of how many computers are networked together in that location. Plus... you can run a copy of the program on an offsite or home office computer, for no extra charge.
Yes. You can use a free program like Google Chrome Remote Desktop to access the data at your store - "real-time" - from your home office. Watch this short video below to learn how to set up this free service so that you can access your stores when you are away. Or... if you prefer you can copy your store data to a USB flash drive (or CD) and then install the flash drive information on your home computer.
Each employee has a password and the computer tracks every action - who is on the computer, when, and what they did. You control which transactions each employee is authorized to do. For instance - you might set it up so only your manager is able to remove an invoice. You can print a report detailing any unusual activity.
As long as you don't add more than 100 invoices, it will never expire. However, once you reach 100 invoices, for the next week the program will suggest you need to call CleanSuite for an activation code.
Congratulations on the purchase of your new computer. Follow these few simple steps and you will be back in business in no time.
1) Remove the old computer and clean the area around it thoroughly . It's best to start off by placing your new machine in a lint and dust free space.
2) Plug in your new computer, connect the; monitor, keyboard, mouse, network cable & any other items like a bar code scanner or cash drawer. Do not yet connect the printer cables, you will need to install the drivers before you plug them in.
3) Turn on your new computer. After it has loaded all the way up, use the printer installation disk(s) to install the drivers for any invoice or report printers that will be attached to this computer. If you do not have a disk, you can easily download the drivers from the printer manufacturers website.
4) Once the drivers for your printer(s) have been installed, go ahead and connect the printer cables to the computer.
5) Now, download and install CleanSuite from www.cleansuite.com/cleansuite_setup.exe
6) If this is NOT the main computer in your store, be sure to check the network settings on your new computer. If your new computer can not see your main computer on the network, CleanSuite will not function properly. CleanSuite does not specialize in network setup/repair, however help with this step it is only a phone call away, Call our Friendly Associates at GoGo-Zen Computer Repair LLC for assistance: 1 (888) 447-0544
(Computer services are billed directly by GoGo-Zen at a rate of $55 per hour)
7) Be sure to install anti-virus software if it did not come with your new computer. Once it is installed, don't forget to add the CleanSuite program to the anti-virus "exceptions" list.
8) You now have all of the software you need to get back up and running. If you need help pulling up your existing database on your new computer, CleanSuite would be glad to assist you. Call us at: 1-888-727-4564
We simply give you an activation code by e-mail or over the phone. You do not lose any of the data you've put into the program such as customers, price lists and other configuration files.
If your name does not appear in the employee list, this is because CleanSuite is no longer pointed to the proper database location. To correct this, you must have a managers password and know where your stores database is located. If you do not have this information or access to your manager at this time, please call CleanSuite Support for assistance at: 1 (888) 727-4564.
Unfortunately CleanSuite does not specialize in network setup/repair. However, help with your network it is only a phone call away. Call our Friendly Associates at GoGo-Zen Computer Repair LLC for assistance: 1 (888) 447-0544
(Computer services are billed directly by GoGo-Zen at a rate of $55 per hour)
From your home computer, open the internet and download the CleanSuite program from www.cleansuite.com/cleansuite_setup.exe When prompted, instead of "Opening" the file, "Save" the file to a USB drive (or CD). Then bring this USB drive/CD to your store for installation.
You can use your own invoices. Just send us one of your invoices (or about 7 of them if they are continuous forms), and for a small fee, we'll write a custom invoice for you to use.
Yes! CleanSuite is designed to accept any custom HTML you insert into the e-mail form.
If you would like assistance writing your custom HTML, our Friendly Associates at GoGo-Zen are just a phone call away:
1 (888) 447-0544 (Computer services are billed directly by GoGo-Zen at a rate of $55 per hour)
Coming Soon! We are working hard on a brand new free service called CleanSuite College. When it is complete, your staff will be able to take a quick and fun on-line course which will teach them all the CleanSuite basics. But it's not just for new staff, owners and existing staff can also benefit from taking this on-line course. Check back soon for more details.